A few tips to help keep your jewellery in good condition:
- Wear your jewellery often - the oils in your skin help to keep the precious metals tarnish free.
- Use hair spray and perfume (and let it dry) before putting your jewellery on to avoid contact with chemicals that can tarnish precious metals and discolour or ruin stones and pearls.
- Store your jewellery in a container and away from non precious metal costume jewellery to avoid oxidisation and tarnishing from open air and base metals.
- Remove your jewellery before washing up, showering, swimming, heading to the beach to avoid ruining porous stones and pearls; and also intense sunshine can bleach colours.
- If your jewellery does become tarnished you can use a polishing cloth to lightly take of the discolouration. I sell these here.